The Lian Project – CONTEST!
Over the years, many artists have created their own interpretations of Captain Lian Fisher, the female astronaut and hero who graces the pages of Marooned. Now you can submit your own creation, and win prizes!
- Must be within the bounds of good taste at my discretion. Absolutely no NSFW creations are accepted.
- Retain her persona as a test pilot/captain/evolved human in some way. You can use the existing pieces here as a guide.
- Winning work will be posted here with links to your site. Other pieces will be posted at my discretion (if your piece is posted I will link back to you.)
- Deadline is September 30th.
- To make a submission, send me an email, with your submission as an attachment.
- Physical prizes are mailed out to those in the U.S only. Digital versions only will be delivered abroad, except a small package will go out for the small stuff.
- The top 3 pieces chosen will each receive:
- The Rock & Tin graphic novel
- The Federation Recruit Guide (usually only available to Patreon patrons) with postcards and Captain John sticker
- Rare, New Frontier Federation Mission patch!
- Love postcard featuring Ril by James Anderson
- A “cut panel” of original artwork signed by me.
- Choice of print (from 1st to 3rd place): Lian the Astronaut, Rock & Tin variant print by Denver Brubaker, or Asimov blueprint
View prizes below – then get going on your piece!
When Lian's power flares, her hands and stone glow a vivid blue!
Possibly the coolest Lian version ever! Done for the Spare Parts book. Bob did 4 versions of Lian, all of them very cool in their own way.
More of Bob's work at his website.
Stylized version of Lian done for my first book project. This was the first one Bob did.
A awesome and unique painting by my friend James Anderson. His unique style presents a different look for her, which I love.
Check out more of Jim's amazing work on his graphic novel Ellie from Planet X
Illustrated for my first book project. A look at Lian which short hair before she was chosen by the Mindstone!
More of Josh's work over at Newman.
Another piece done for my first book, Barb knows how to draw an appealing woman.
See more of Barb's work at her website.
From the short "The Mindstones," we see Lian at the moment of her choosing.
Check out more of Wouter's work in his portfolio.
From an illustration done for one of my book projects. This is Lian in her old uniform before the redesign.
See more of Eddie's work, including his graphic novel Red's Planet at his website.
Pencil and marker by my daughter, Amanda. Showing the old and new sides of Lian.
A shot from Payload, part 2. Lian's origin story! Steve knows how to show Lian with personality and strength.
Check out more of Steve's work, including his Go Comics! syndicated strip Magnificatz and his graphic novel Moon Town at his website.
From a "Sunday Comic" for book two. This is Lian talking with the NFF before she took off for Mars.
Check out Michael's work on his deviantArt page.